Sunday, July 10, 2011

The power of positive thinking

Growing up my mom always told me to have a positive outlook about things. Whenever I was sick she would tell me to tell myself I was not sick and that I would get better soon. To be honest, she irritated me every time she said things like that because no one could get better simply because they believed they would. It was a complete waste of time to even try, but I indulged her. Kinda. I never felt any better after my foo-foo I feel great sessions so I never put any stock into the idea, but then again I never really tried to believe in it. I had my mind made up before I even started. I was recently introduced to a new way of thinking that if you think good and happy things, good and happy things will happen to you. I am going to put myself into this idea and give it a go and see if it makes a difference in my life. The first thing I intend to do is remember the things I have in my life rather than what I don’t have. I have an amazing husband who loves me. 4 kids who are beautiful, healthy, and full of life, a beautiful car that I absolutely love that my wonderful husband bought me, and I am about to move in to a gorgeous house that is going to be my first home. When I take a look back at things I do not understand why I am negative about so many things because my life is pretty darn great when I think about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment